Thursday, July 23, 2009

#1 BIG BROTHER AWARD goes to........ TATE!

As a teenager I knew I wanted to be a Mom when I grew up~ I knew I wanted a boy first & then a girl, I wanted them to be spaced apart by 3.5 years, and I got just that! Why all these requests?!?!? Well, I loved my childhood as the only girl surrounded by boys. I loved having an older Brother to watch over me, introduce me to everything cool in life & be there for me when I needed him. So that is why I wanted a boy first, I wanted to raise a son that was full of love and would be there for his sibling just as mine were for me. So when Tater bug turned two I began the begging..... It was all I talked about to Rob, finally he gave into me (as always) and said we would try for blessing number 2. She arrived 3 years 9 months after Tate. Tate was a little unsure of her when she arrived & even asked us a few times to put her back in my belly!  

I look at my two youngsters and just smile, there are times that I can relive my childhood through them. Not only in the sweet moments that fill my belly with butterflies but also in those moments of childhood mishaps. I can hear my older brother in Tate, and myself in Lyla. My Mom has told the story over and over about Nathan offering me his bubble gum, when I was less than a month old...and not just offering it to me, but feeding it to me! It sounds just like Tate & Lyla. Lyla has had an ear plug lodged in her throat, has been colored every color of the rainbow by her crayola lovin' brother, has nearly drowned in the bath by a squishy bath toy being squirt into her face (while Daddy was holding her & he didn't even see it happening!) has eaten Dog food, has really been the test dummy on every idea that pops in Tate's head! All of these little trials by her big brother have been scary (fun in the eyes of Tate) but at the end of the day they have a bond that will last a lifetime.

After a day at the county Fair this summer I just want to say Thank You to Tate.. Thank you for being that big brother that every little girl needs. Thank you for rough housing her, as you will make her an adventure seeking tom-boy who isn't afraid to get a little dirt on her sun dress. Thank you for teaching her all the good and bad things that come with life. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for loving her with out end. I have seen it many times over, but finally have some cute pics to show the security blanket they provide for one another. I love them with out reserve and am so glad they have also found that love in one another.
So thankful for my blessing in life..........for my yesterdays with these sweet kids, and for all my tomorrows to come.

You've been counted